Dedicated to bringing you the tools you need to navigate your academic career while preparing you for your professional one.
This is the place for students and early career professionals within the field of audiology to come together to share ideas, participate in activities, and provide support to fellow members.
The Student and Early Career Special Interest Group (SECG) is designed to inspire, empower and support student and early career professionals in the field of audiology to grow professionally and excel in their futures.
This group is specially designed for those in the first five years of their Audiology journey.
-The 2 years as a Masters student
-The first 3 years post-graduation
Why has Audiology Australia’s Student and Early Career Special Interest Group (SECG) been established?
The purpose of this group is to;
- Create a sense of community amongst Audiology students and early career professionals across Australia to meet, discuss and learn together
- Facilitate national and international relationships for potential student exchanges and sharing of experiences
- Facilitate a smooth transition upon graduation into the workforce towards becoming an Audiology Australia Accredited Audiologist
- Support students and early career professionals with an interest in leadership roles, within their communities as well as the greater Audiology profession
- Connect students and early career professionals with experienced audiologists, to enable opportunities for mentoring
- Stimulate inter-professionalism with other health professions and improve self-awareness as an Audiologist together on a national level
Why be part of Audiology Australia’s Student and Early Career Special Interest Group (SECG)?
- Stay current on advancements in the field and enhance academic knowledge
- Engage with industry leaders to help secure your future
- Participate in educational, professional development and social events at the local and national level
- Network opportunities with other like-minded early career professionals
- Develop leadership skills and help shape the future of the Audiology profession
How to get involved
Students and Early Career Professionals
We have an exciting program being developed for 2018. If you are a student or early career professional, click here to be on the mailing list for upcoming activities.
If you would like to be actively involved in shaping the direction of this group, we would love to have you join the committee.
If you are an experienced Audiologist, encourage your early career staff to get involved. If you would like to contribute your time, knowledge and experience to developing the future generation of Audiologists, email email@example.com as we would love to hear from you.