Joint Standing Committee on the National Disability Insurance Scheme inquiry into the NDIS Workforce
The Joint Standing Committee on the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) has been appointed by the House of Representatives and the Senate to inquire into the implementation, performance, governance, administration and expenditure of the NDIS.
The Committee is currently inviting individuals and organisations to send in their opinions and proposals regarding the NDIS workforce, with a focus on the following:
1. the current size and composition of the NDIS workforce and projections at full scheme
2. the challenges in attracting and retaining the NDIS workforce, particularly in regional and remote communities
3. the role of Commonwealth Government policy in influencing the renumeration, conditions, working environment (including Workplace Health and Safety), career mobility and training needs of the NDIS workforce
4. the role of State, Territory, Commonwealth Governments in providing and implementing a coordinated strategic workforce development plan for the NDIS workforce
5. the interaction of NDIS workforce needs with employment in adjacent sectors including health and aged care
6. the opportunities available to, and challenges experienced by, people with disability currently employed, or wanting to be employed, within the NDIS workforce; and
7. any other matters
Further information is available here.
Members are invited to contribute to AudA’s submission and provide their feedback on the NDIS workforce and the provision of NDIS services via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 27 March 2020.