The National Disability Insurance Agency Board (NDIA) has released the June 2021 NDIS Quarterly Report to disability ministers.
AudA has provided a summary of the key statistics published in the NDIS Quarterly Report in regard to participants with hearing impairment and registration groups for hearing providers.
As at 30 June 2021, there were:
- 22,363 participants with a hearing impairment receiving support in the NDIS comprising 5% of total participants in the Scheme.
- 81 active providers in the Specialised Hearing Services registration group.
- 270 active providers in the Hearing Equipment registration group.
- 51 active providers in the Hearing Services registration group.
- 4,481 active providers in the Therapeutic Supports registration group.
- 1,336 active providers in the Early Intervention Supports for Early Childhood registration group.
The full summary can be viewed here
The June 2021 NDIS Quarterly Report can be viewed here